Stay Informed!
X

Get EBGC Gun News sent directly to you!
Email:
GUN NEWS
ebgc
X
Support Us
We pay for this site out of pocket and use our free time to keep it fresh and current. If you can help out, every penny counts. I promise you we are in no danger of becoming rich!
email:
password:

Not a Member?
Click Here To Register
and start your gun checklist today!

Posts: General Discussion / Adventures in Media: Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

Adventures in Media: Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show
01/15/13 03:11 AM

So Mike, Jayson, our friend Vlady (he Dominican - so sorry, so sorry), and I went to the gun show on Saturday. 

A little umm... slightly biased media coverage here: http://news.yahoo.com/video/ft-lauderdale-gun-show-sparks-163900389.html

As expected there were long lines and a lot of media present. As we walked to get in line we passed the schmuck in the black shirt giving his rant about how "anyone off the street can come in and purchase an automatic weapon". I appreciate the point where the interview ended because that's right where we walked up and Jayson umm... disrupted the audio.

We got in line and there were more sellers than usual just moving up and down the lines with signs around their necks. Then we saw the King of all Sterotypes pulling up. Bright Camaro with a bleached blonde mowhawk on his quite rotund head. He got in line just in front of us where his girlfriend was waiting for him.

So, the reporters start looking for someone to interview. walking down the long line and past dozens upon dozens of people. And who do they interview. You betcha. The King's girlfriend. And she does not disappoint the media. While she rants with no point all of us in line around her are openly talking about how they targeted her and baited her into the conversation.

Mike has a great shot of these two at what distance? About 2 meters? Great shot man.

Jayson and I got in right as the building got to capacity, leaving Mike and Vlady to fend for themselves. Okay, it was like 45 seconds before other people left and they could get in but... they obviously did not have the connections Jayson and I did.

How was the show? Overpriced by a mile. FN FiveseveN's for 2700+, S&W ARs for 1800 with nothing on them, and one scumbag dealer trying to sell a Springfield xDS for 675 even though it was on tables everywhere for 550. 

So, Mike got the dorkiest eye protection ever and some other goodies, Jayson failed again in the quest for the holy shield, I got nothing, and Vlady bought a Para Warthog and an S&W AR. But, Vlady made the deal on the phone with a source not at the show. That's how it works down here.

You really should watch the video just to see how they targeted the King and his girlfriend.

Post ID: 943

Jayson Post Author Photo: Jayson
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

01/15/13 01:31 PM

Most disturbing about the interview was how obviously they walked down the line to find that couple with no concern of how blatent their quest for the "right" looking person to talk to was, and how they paid no attention whatsoever to the comments of the rest of the group around them to that point. 
Post ID: 950

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

01/15/13 01:59 PM

But give them credit... the King was exactly who they wanted.

Now if Mike would only post the pic he has of the King.
Post ID: 953

Jayson Post Author Photo: Jayson
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

01/15/13 03:59 PM

I will give them no credit. They are sensationalists; not journalists.
Post ID: 956