Stay Informed!
X

Get EBGC Gun News sent directly to you!
Email:
GUN NEWS
ebgc
X
Support Us
We pay for this site out of pocket and use our free time to keep it fresh and current. If you can help out, every penny counts. I promise you we are in no danger of becoming rich!
email:
password:

Not a Member?
Click Here To Register
and start your gun checklist today!

Posts: Tactical Talk / FIDS - Find, Identify, Shoot, No Shoot

338Ronin Post Author Photo: 338Ronin
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

TACTICAL TALK: FIDS - Find, Identify, Shoot, No Shoot
04/08/13 04:14 PM

FIDS

While conducting your firearms training you should have your shooting partner set out multiple NO SHOOT targets and mix in one or two SHOOT targets.   In a deadly force encounter it is necessary to be able to properly identify your target and be able to justify why you deployed deadly force.  To improve your decision making process, TACTICAL TALK OODA Cycle , the FIDS cycle should be incorporated into your training.  FIDS stands for; FIND, IDENTIFY, SHOOT or NO SHOOT. 

During your training if it is possible to set out multiple targets at once the targets should be set at various angles.  With firearms safety one should be aware of their target and what is behind or downrange of their target.  If you are going to engage a shoot target what is your backdrop?  In the real world a solid concrete wall or dirt mound would be great but that is not always the case.  Plus you are not on a flat square range that is level and free of debris.  It may be necessary to take a different angle due to your backdrop, TACTICAL TALK FOOT WORK , in order to engage your threat target.  Keep in mind that angle may also be VERTICAL.  

I want you to get off that square range mentality were every target is a shoot target.  Train for the real world. 

“When you fail to train, someone else is; when you meet, just pray they are on your side.”

STAY SAFE!
Post ID: 1476

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

04/09/13 06:35 PM

I think about the 'no shoot' often. I worry about shooting a friendly, or hesitaiting too long. 

I absolutely think training with this in mind could be helpful. maybe that second of decision can be trained down to a nanosecond instead.
Post ID: 1486