Stay Informed!
X

Get EBGC Gun News sent directly to you!
Email:
GUN NEWS
ebgc
X
Support Us
We pay for this site out of pocket and use our free time to keep it fresh and current. If you can help out, every penny counts. I promise you we are in no danger of becoming rich!
email:
password:

Not a Member?
Click Here To Register
and start your gun checklist today!

Posts: Handguns / Pistols / Girls with Guns - Sarah's first range day

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

Girls with Guns - Sarah's first range day
08/13/12 10:28 PM

About a week ago, Mike and I were talking about shooting in front of Sarah when she chipped in with, "I have a gun!". Hearing a girl say this gives a person two immediate thoughts:

1 - That's pretty cool

2 - Why the hell didn't I know about this... she can be batshit crazy and I didn't even know about the gun. Poor situational awareness I suppose.

We of course asked what kind of gun and Sarah's answer was, "a 9 or something" - Confidence inspiring. So Friday I'm working on some upcoming articles for the site and Sarah mentions that she has never fired a handgun. Knowing she was a good ol' West Virginia girl and that "daddy and me used to shoot rifles off the porch" I just assumed a handgun would have come out at some point. Without getting into the whole idea that it was pointless to have a gun without knowing how to shoot it, I agreed we should go to the range and start getting her to a comfort level.

Today came around and I have never seen Sarah this adamant and excited about keeping plans and a schedule. I know how to get her to be on time somewhere now - tell her it's a shooting day. The noise at the range didn't really phase her at all - an accomplishment since there were several people doing a tactical revolver class on the range. What had her out of sorts? The idea of firing the handgun. See, the other day we were watching videos like this:

Sarah was determined not to be one of those girls so she mademe promise no videos until she was comfortable with the gun (Taurus PT 111 Pro for those curious). We got the videos goingand Sarah had an, um, incident. I was told not to post that part of the video - we all know I'm not listening to that. Enjoy:

Another great range day for South Florida's hippest co-ed shooting club. What does Sarah think?

Post ID: 151

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/16/12 08:00 PM

Sarah wants to do another range day on Monday. Who's in?

Post ID: 169

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/16/12 10:16 PM

Jason: Sarah wants to do another range day on Monday. Who's in?

i cant afford ammo till tuesday.

Post ID: 171

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/16/12 10:53 PM

I'm talking to the Ammo Depot guys tomorrow. I can grab some extra 9 if you want. She's bringing the Taurus so we'll need it. Or we can wait until Tuesday. Your call.

Post ID: 175