Stay Informed!
X

Get EBGC Gun News sent directly to you!
Email:
GUN NEWS
ebgc
X
Support Us
We pay for this site out of pocket and use our free time to keep it fresh and current. If you can help out, every penny counts. I promise you we are in no danger of becoming rich!
email:
password:

Not a Member?
Click Here To Register
and start your gun checklist today!

Jayson Post Author Photo: Jayson
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

Hollywood Tactical Arms
08/17/12 08:35 PM

A freind at work told me about this new place that opened up a few weeks ago (apparently I have become the workplace gun guy; something that should amuse my Easy Bake comrades) and I finally got around to checking it out. 

These guys are definitly true to their name.  While there isn't anything special about their offering of pistols (nothing you can't find at about any gun shop and way to many Sigs for my taste) they have more tactical AR style rifles than any other place I have visited so far.  There is an entire wall of semi-auto tactical assault rifles and shotguns.  Every one is decked out in accessories and you can buy them striped down or fully loaded. The selection of makes isn't that wide but the guns they have I haven't seen anywhere else; including local gun shows.  Some of these rifles are very cool and I was, for once, kind of glad I was broke.

If you are in the Hollywood, FL area they are definitely worth a visit.  The website, www.hollywoodtacticalarms.com is kind of bare bones (and for some reason it doesn't always load) but the store is not. 
Post ID: 193

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/17/12 08:58 PM

yeah man. i seriously need to curb my spending.

that said...when we going?

Post ID: 194

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/17/12 09:10 PM

Michael: yeah man. i seriously need to curb my spending.

that said...when we going?

I feel like since they are mostly assault rifles, and they have the FN 57, we should wait for Jason. They have this .45 pistol/rifle, the Kriss Super V that is very tempting. I think we should try talking him into buying one.
Post ID: 196

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/17/12 09:24 PM

Jayson:

I feel like since they are mostly assault rifles, and they have the FN 57, we should wait for Jason. They have this .45 pistol/rifle, the Kriss Super V that is very tempting. I think we should try talking him into buying one.

yeah. its weird...i mean...he doesnt have ANY rifles

Post ID: 202

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/17/12 09:35 PM

poser
Post ID: 205

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/17/12 10:55 PM

I love the Kriss except it has the same issue as the PS90.

If I'm going to do it, I want to go NFA stamp and get the SBR version. The standard version for civilian use (non-SBR) is too much barrel:

Post ID: 216

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/17/12 11:04 PM

I held a short barreled version of the Kriss today at Hollywood Tactical. It's pretty nice
Post ID: 221

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/17/12 11:10 PM

That's my point. The P90 is amazing in SBR but half the point of these small self defense guns is how compact they are. Once you add that barrel the function is compromised and it just doesn't look as cool either.

Post ID: 224

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

09/05/12 11:37 PM

it was a pretty store.  the wall to wall ARs is nice.  lots of swell 1911s too.

totally worth checking out.

Post ID: 261