Stay Informed!
X

Get EBGC Gun News sent directly to you!
Email:
GUN NEWS
ebgc
X
Support Us
We pay for this site out of pocket and use our free time to keep it fresh and current. If you can help out, every penny counts. I promise you we are in no danger of becoming rich!
email:
password:

Not a Member?
Click Here To Register
and start your gun checklist today!

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

Might see some down time
02/22/14 02:07 AM

I will be migrating to a new server over the next couple of days.  Shouldnt be too long.  Mostly just waiting for the DNS to switch over and then after that some bug fixes if necessary. 

Ill take the site down right before the migration so that no work gets wasted when posting articles.
Post ID: 1985

barstoolguru Post Author Photo: barstoolguru
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

02/22/14 05:18 AM

is the form going to change?
Post ID: 1986

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

02/22/14 05:36 AM

Not likely. 

That would require Mike doing a lot and we don't really do all that. 

On the upside, you will see a bunch of new stuff coming down the pipe as we're getting up and running at full speed again. A bunch of new articles and new training tips / giveaways coming.

Post ID: 1987

barstoolguru Post Author Photo: barstoolguru
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

02/22/14 12:26 PM

things I like to see since your improving the site is a "like button" and when posting a comment or an article.  a  screne that allows you to do some of the extra things like bold highlighting and changing the font size and color with out posting it and then editing it to get the more active options
Post ID: 1988

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

02/24/14 04:57 AM

migrated. ill look into these things.  once i get off that ancient server ill be more motivated.  To give you an idea of how long ago i got that server.

top - 03:47:48 up 1640 days,  7:22,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.04

and thats just how long its been since i rebooted it.

Its been a great server, but i pay too much for it considering there are cheaper options for more updated hardware.  ive pretty much been paying for it for the simple reason that i didnt feel like doing the work to migrate.  but i got motivted =]
Post ID: 1989

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

02/24/14 05:00 AM

if anyone sees any bugs that WERENT there before the migration...let me know please.
Post ID: 1990