Stay Informed!
X

Get EBGC Gun News sent directly to you!
Email:
GUN NEWS
ebgc
X
Support Us
We pay for this site out of pocket and use our free time to keep it fresh and current. If you can help out, every penny counts. I promise you we are in no danger of becoming rich!
email:
password:

Not a Member?
Click Here To Register
and start your gun checklist today!

kjhansen Post Author Photo: kjhansen
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

Need to update gun list
10/24/12 09:58 AM

I have three handguns and a rifle that aren't on your list yet are very common. Don't know that they have to be, but hey, you want the most complete list possible, right?
One that I believe should be is the Smith and Wesson Model 19-5. This is a great revolver in .357 magnum caliber. Powerful, accurate, reliable plus it's easy to shoot. It's heavy so it absorbs recoil well, which aids shot placement, as do the adjustable rear sights.
Second is at the opposite end of the spectrum. The Phoenix Arms HP22A. One of the infamous "Ring of Fire" companies, Phoenix Arms puts out this pistol in .25 and .22 caliber versions. I have the .22. I've not-so-affectionately referred to it as a jam-o-matic instead of a semi-automatic. It can be made to fire reliably, but it needs a lot of work to accomplish that. Then the frame cracks... sigh. They are, however, cheap, even today, and a lot of fun to shoot when they work. Inquiring minds need to know.
The Heritage Arms single action Rough Rider .22 revolver. Simple (too simple in my opinion), and reliable so far--I've only had it a few months. Not a bad introductory gun. Easy to shoot, easy to clean, ammo is cheap, so is the gun. Too simple? No adjustable sights and it needs them desperately. Solution: bend the front sight. I'm not kidding.
Rifle: Savage Arms Model 62, .22. Almost as well-known as the Ruger 10-22 and cheaper. Reliable, accurate (although it lacks adjustable sights) and deadly. It's the only weapon I own I've actually killed anything with (4-legged predators killing my chickens, and hurt/sick animals that needed to be put down). It would be a great plinker too, but it's the most difficult to clean weapon that I own. You actually need two tools to take it apart for cleaning--a wrench AND a screwdriver.
Just my thoughts.
Keith (New Member)
Post ID: 335

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

10/24/12 10:23 AM

KJ,

Thanks for the post. We're in the process of tidying up the database this week and had S&W revolvers and Savage Arms on the to do list for this weekend. I'll add Phoenix Arms and by Monday, all three will be up.

That said, I'll have your three posted within the next few hours so that you can add them to your shot it list.

Thanks again, and welcome aboard.

Post ID: 336

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

10/24/12 04:28 PM

Done.

Post ID: 337