Another day, another Detroit area criminal finds out how many of his fellow residents are armed. Yesterday evening (May 15, 2014) an Inkster, Michigan man saw people loading his own belongings into their car outside his home.
As the homeowner confronted the criminals, one opened fire, striking the homeowner in the leg. This being Detroit in the 'almost how Robocop' predicted it era, the homeowner pulled his own gun and returned fire. The homeowners rounds found their target and the 23-year-old criminal was struck in the chest and died at the hospital.
An unknown number of accomplices were able to flee the scene and police now fear for the homeowner's safety because of rumors of retaliation in the neighborhood.
More defensive gun use stories:
- [05/12/2014] An AR-15 for home defense?!? You don't say (North Carolina)
- [05/10/2014]Concealed carriers shoot back as abusive husband brandishes a gun (Arkansas)
- [04/22/2014] Determined robber gets shot, flees with money (Texas)
- [04/19/2014] Armed thugs met an armed combat veteran (Connecticut)
- [04/16/2014] Concealed carrier fights back after gun held to his head (Massachusetts)
- Defensive Gun Use - March 2014