A Mountain Park, Oklahoma man heard a knock on the door Tuesday night (April 22, 2014). If you've read many of the defensive gun use stories on our page - a good number start with a simple knock on the door.
As the homeowner opened the door, he was struck in the head with a large metal pipe. The homeowner's drew his small-caliber handgun and opened fire on the attacker.
The home invader was struck multiple times and fled to his own home just a few blocks away. Authorities arrived and the home invader was flown by LifeFlight to Oklahoma City with life threatening injuries.
He is not expected to survive.
More defensive gun use stories:
- [04/22/2014] Determined robber gets shot, flees with money (Texas)
- [04/19/2014] Armed thugs met an armed combat veteran (Connecticut)
- [04/16/2014] Concealed carrier fights back after gun held to his head (Massachusetts)
- [04/15/2014] Senior citizen wakes to four intruders, opens fire (Michigan)
- [04/13/2014] An elderly man baits burglars, opens fire (Alabama)
- Defensive Gun Use - March 2014