Memorial Day weekend and mattress sales go together like Forest and Jenny but these phony buyers only got return gunfire... and then some.
Around 2:30 yesterday (Sunday, May 25, 2014), two men walked into Wholesale Mattress in Charlotte, North Carolina. The men told the store owner they were interested in a mattress and seemed to be your typical customers.
Until one of them pulled out a gun, aimed it in the owners face, and demanded his cell phone and all the money in the store. The thugs told him they would kill him is he didn't comply.
The owner turned around to get the cash but... he didn't comply.
Instead, he grabbed his handgun and quickly spun back around, shooting the robber holding the gun to his head. Despite being wounded, the robber was able to return fire and missed the store owner. His accomplice fled the scene on foot.
When police arrived they placed the wounded robber into custody and rushed him to the hospital. No additional details have been released as of this writing.
More recent stories:
- [05/21/2014]22-year-old bookstore employee draws gun, stops robber (Iowa)
- My son was not a victim of gun violence
- [05/21/2014] Crook demands wallet, CCW gives him 2 gunshot wounds (Texas)
- [05/17/2014] Scream to "get the AR-15" sends four thugs running, leaves one trapped (Indiana)
- [05/12/2014] An AR-15 for home defense?!? You don't say (North Carolina)
- Defensive Gun Use - March 2014