Former mayor of Baltimore, Former governor of Maryland Martin O'Malley is very straightforward about the gun control plan he means to implement if he is elected president. He outlined his plan in an opinion piece on CNN. We broke down the prose for easy digestion here. I didn't bother to include any of my own opinions beyond emboldening number 12 - since its all I really needed to know.
1. Comprehensive background check for every gun sale.
2. Fingerprinting of anyone trying to purchase or transfer a gun
3. License requirement for anyone trying to purchase or transfer a gun.
4. Required safety training and waiting period for said license.
5. New procurement policies for government agencies purchasing firearms that
encourage manufacturers to prevent gun violence - "requiring agencies to purchase only cutting-edge guns, such as those that have hidden serial numbers that cannot be defaced."
6. Require safe storage of guns in the home.
7. National age requirement of 21 for handgun ownership
8. "...would fight to close loopholes that allow domestic abusers to own and purchase guns."
9. Empower law enforcement to uphold these laws by "by revoking the licenses of dealers whose guns routinely end up in the hands of criminals"
10. Shutdown the pipeline of illegal guns from states with weak gun laws to states with strong gun laws.
11. Establish strong federal penalty for gun traffickers.
12. Establish a national firearms registry.
13. Require lost or stolen guns be reported to law enforcement.